It’s finally here – Free Rides All July on Modesto Area Express (MAX), Stanislaus Regional Transit (StaRT), and Turlock Transit fixed and commuter routes!
This is the third consecutive MAX Free Rides All July promotion funded by a grant through Caltrans’ Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP). The LCTOP was created to provide operating and capital assistance for transit agencies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve mobility, with a priority on serving disadvantaged communities.
This July is particularly special because it marks the first Free Rides All July for the newly formed Stanislaus Regional Transit Authority (StanRTA) which merges MAX and StaRT into one seamless system.
There are so many destinations riders can travel to for free this July. All you need is a face mask to board! Here are some routes and services we recommend you try out:
• MAX Ceres Route 44
• MAX Escalon Route 35
• MAX to Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Commuter Express
• MAX to Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) Commuter Express
• MAX to Stockton Commuter Express
• MAX to Amtrak
• StaRT fixed routes (this includes travel to Gustine, Newman, Patterson, Westley, Grayson, and up to Riverbank and Oakdale)
• Turlock Transit fixed routes